Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Garden Plan 3

Well, apparently now I am the proud owner of two potential garden locations. Number two is at my DB's (dear boyfriend) house. He will not weed, plant, harvest, water, or otherwise harm or nurture said garden. However, the use of land is offered. Sounds good to me. I can be a bit territorial about gardens, and if I'm being honest I'd probably really prefer that no one else is picking about in my growing things.

However, in an effort to not put all my eggs in one basket, I think I'll do half in one location and half in another. This way something somewhere should turn out. Again, pictures to come as soon as I'm at these locations at a reasonable hour for such a thing.

On a side note, CANAS (Central Arkansas New Agrarian Society) has recently formed and meets once monthly at Vino's. They are open to anyone with an interest in gardening, be it larger scale farming (sustainably) or smaller home plots, or even just a plant in the house at all. I doubt I'll make any meetings this spring, as they're all when I have class on Wednesday nights, but I encourage everyone else to go. The people that make up CANAS are worth knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment